During summer 2018, Darren will be leading two exploratory trekking based journeys in two distinctly different mountain landscapes of Europe…
For full details of these trips or to register interest, please e-mail Darren.
A Hebridean Odyssey: The Small Isles of Rùm & Eigg, Scotland
- A week camping on these majestic Hebridean islands.
- Spectacular, deserted beaches with outstanding views of surrounding islands and west coast of Scotland.
- Explore unique interactions between the natural environment and community.
- Rùm has a distinctly wild and rugged feel with high mountains and an interesting story of human occupation.
- Eigg has embraced sustainable development through the 1997 community land buy-out, forming the unique Isle of Eigg Heritage Trust.
- Travel via the West Highland Line then onward via CalMac ferry to Eigg.
- TRIP DATES: SAT 30TH JUNE – FRI 6TH JULY 2018
Recent Change and the Alpine Environment: Tour of Mont-Blanc (TMB), France
- Exploring the mountains of Europe on foot – the ultimate geographical journey.
- The TMB tours the periphery of the glaciated Mont-Blanc massif crossing France, Italy and Switzerland via a series of high cols with spectacular views of the glaciated summits.
- A challenging 165 km circuit with 10 000 m of ascent on well defined mountain trails through pine forest, alpine meadow and scree/rock architecture.
- No prior experience necessary but a strong team ethic and appetite for physical challenge essential.
- Nine days continuous of trekking with half-board accommodation in mountain refuges and traditional valley gîtes d’étape.
- TRIP DATES: FRI 24TH AUG – SUN 2ND SEPT 2018